This holiday is celebrated annually on 6 December and marks the Declaration of Independence from the Russian empire by the Finnish Parliament in 1917. Finland had been part of the Russian Empire since 1809.
Following the Russian revolution and the defeats in the First World War, movements within Finland pushed for independence from Russia and on 6 December 1917, the parliament declared Finland as an independent state.
First celebrated in 1919, Independence Day was initially a solemn occasion with patriotic speeches and special Church services.
In more recent times the Independence day celebration has become a more vibrant occasion with the blue and white colors of the Finnish flag being proudly displayed in shop windows and bakeries producing cakes with blue and white icing.
The theme of Independence Day as Finland marks 100 years in 2017 is ‘Together’, the idea being that everyone – Finns and the friends of Finns – are welcome to take part, just as creating and building the Finnish nation was a joint effort.
Here are some Best Messages of Independence day to celebrate this day with your family and friends using the following wonderful quotes and greetings
- This land, although not my native land,Will be remembered forever.And the sea’s lightly iced,Unsalty water and the blessed place in the world.I welcome independence with open arms.
- The sand on the bottom is whiter than chalk,The air is heady, like wine,And the rosy body of the pines Is naked in the sunset hour.This independence hour is special and it liberates my thoughts and me from the slavery.
- And the sunset itself on such waves of ether That I just can’t comprehend Whether it is the end of the day, the end of the world,Or the mystery of mysteries in me again.This independence brings fresh air and thoughts and rules in finland. Happy independence day.
- Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.
- Nothing is more precious than independence and liberty.
- No matter the weather, lets celebrate Independence Day together.
- Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves.
- The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree.
- Freedom means choosing your burden.
- Independence did not mean chauvinism and narrow nationalists.It means equality , liberation and sense of responsibility for all citizens.
- True independence and freedom can only exist in doing what’s right.
- Freedom was taken by the blood that was given. Happy Independence Day
- For every man who lives without freedom, the rest of us must face the guilt.
- The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
- Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.
- Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living.
- We have believed – and we do believe now – that freedom is indivisible, that peace is indivisible, that economic prosperity is indivisible.
- Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty.
- Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
- A statistician made a few calculations and discovered that since the birth of our nation more lives had been lost in celebrating independence than in winning it .
- Thy spirit, Independence, let me share! Lord of the lion-heart and eagle-eye, Thy steps I follow with my bosom bare, Nor heed the storm that howls along the sky.
- Thousands laid down their lives so that our country can celebrate this day. Never forget their sacrifices. Happy Independence Day!
- Let’s salute the martyrs for the sacrifices they made and thank them for giving us our today. Happy Independence Day 2018.
- On this Independence Day, take a minute or two to thank for such a precious gift. Take time to cherish your life and your motherland. Not forgetting the sacrifice made by our heroes who have made this day a reality. Happy Independence Day 2018.
- With freedom in the mind, faith in the words, pride in our souls. Let’s salute the nation on Independence Day!
- May the Indian tricolor always fly high. Warm wishes on the grand occasion of Independence Day
- On Independence Day, here’s wishing our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us, now and always. Happy Independence Day!
- No nation is perfect, it needs to be made perfect. Contribute towards the perfection of your country. Happy Independence Day.
- Let us take the decision to value our nation and let’s not forget the sacrifices of those who helped us in achieving freedom. Happy Independence Day.
- The best way of showing love to our country is by respecting the sacrifices made by our freedom fighters.
- This Independence Day, take the future of this country in your hands.
- May you be blessed with the freedom of mind, thought and spirit! Happy Independence Day!
- Freedom is one of the most expensive commodities. No amount of money will be enough to buy freedom
- This country will remain the home of the liberated only, as long as we make it the land of the brave. Happy Independence Day.
- On this special day here’s wishing our dreams of a new tomorrow come true! May your Independence Day day be filled with patriotic spirit!
- Independence is among the most valuable gifts one can benefit from. This day God granted this gift to our freedom fighters.
- Do not take your independence and freedom for granted. Happy Independence Day.
- Let’s take this day to think about of our past and resolve to build a better future for our country. Wishing you a Happy Independence Day!
- Freedom in our mind, faith in the words, pride in our souls. Let’s salute the great men and women who made this possible. Happy Independence Day!
- Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country! Happy Independence Day.