Millions of asteroids, meteorites, comets hovering all over space, and god forbid if one enters and strikes our planet, the consequences would be catastrophic. Well, we know how dinosaurs were wiped out from the face of the earth, don’t we? On March 23rd, 1989, a large asteroid named Asclepius flew past earth and missed it by a measly 500,000 miles.
Near Miss Day Messages, Greetings and Quotes
National Near Miss Day Messages
– Meteorites and asteroids striking planets can have exceptionally disastrous consequences. They can wipe out all forms of life from that planet.
– If Asclepius would have hit Earth, the bombardment would have been equal to 1000 atom bombs exploding!
– This asteroid was discovered by American astronomers Henry E. Holt and Norman G. Thomas. It was 300 meters in width!
– This asteroid got its name from the Greek god of medicine, Asclepius.
– The existence of asteroids can be credited to the formation of solar systems. Asteroids are nothing but like the debris that is left after construction work gets completed.
– In our solar system, asteroids orbit around the sun in a belt known as the asteroid belt that can be found between Mars and Jupiter.
– Although Asclepius never hit Earth but the threat is very imminent and real. Space scientists work day in and day out, monitoring the movements of these asteroids.
– Scientists are also working on technologies to prevent such asteroid strikes. It can be inferred that asteroids can be blasted into harmless small rocks before entering Earth’s atmosphere.
– Our planet did get a second chance on 23rd March 1989. One positive to take out of it is life is all about second chances.
-One may fail sometimes, but it isn’t the end of the world; we have to be patient.
– Every year or so, countless asteroids buzz past Earth.
-A fascinating fact is that asteroids contain minerals that can be very beneficial to humans if harnessed.
-Generally, there are three types of asteroids, C-types, S-types, and M-types.
-C-type asteroids are made up of clay and silicate. S-types contain Nickel and iron mostly and are stony while M-types are metallic in nature.
– Some scientists also infer that asteroids might have brought life into our once barren planet.
-When asteroids hit the Earth, they deposited hydrogen, oxygen, and other carbon-based molecules that were the building blocks of every life-form.
National Near Miss Day Greetings
– Asclepius might have missed its target but hope you hit the bullseye always! Greetings on National Near Miss Day!
– Stay focused on your goals! I wish you a very prosperous National Near Miss Day!
– Life is all about second, be patient. Your time will come! I wish you a pleased National Near Miss Day!
– Celebrate each and every moment of life because you may never know when an asteroid may hit our planet! Just kidding! Happy National Near Miss Day to you!
-We are lucky enough that no large asteroid have hit the earth in millions of years. Wishing a safe day ahead.
National Near Miss Day quotes
“You are damaged and broken and unhinged. But so are shooting stars and comets.”
― Nikita Gill
“Life is like a comet that briefly crosses the night sky without almost being noticed”
― Bangambiki Habyarimana
“Maybe some people don’t feel scared when they think about comets and supernovas. Maybe they think it is wonderful.”
― Lydia Netzer