Seawards day is celebrated on 29th March of every year. This day is celebrated to commemorate the purchase of Alaska by the United States from Russia in 1867.
The acquisition was negotiated by the William henry seawards. The deal was made so that America can end rivalry with Russia, and Russia can get to be on the safe side.
Seawards Day Greetings, Messages and Quotes
Seawards Day greetings:
The seawards day is here and the best way to spend the day is visiting and exploring Alaska’s sites. You can’t sit at home and celebrate it.
– If you plan to go to Alaska for a very long time but couldn’t find the right time than seawards day is the best time to fulfill that long term plan. Happy national seawards day.
– They said happiness. I heard vacations in Alaska, and both are pretty the same. Because visiting Alaska is no less than a real pleasure.
Those who say money can’t buy happiness probably have never bought a ticket to Alaska because they knew it wasn’t right if they had. Happy national seawards day.
– If a person says he/she doesn’t like Alaska, either they are lying, or they have been to the wrong Alaska. Because no one can hate Alaska, it’s an unsaid rule.
– If you are a fan of sceneries, then Alaska is the place of dreams and magic for you, be ready to witness the heaven on earth. Happy national seawards day.
– William was criticized for buying Alaska too expensive, but later on, he was appreciated for his decision to prove to us that there are some decisions in life which no one else can understand better than you.
– Alaska proves that being revolutionized means moving forward, not backward. Happy national seawards day.
Seawards Day messages:
– Russia agreed to sell Alaska thinking that land was of no use, proves to us that whenever you decide on something, make sure you had thought about its benefits and loss beforehand.
– If you are a lover who travels, then I can bet that Alaska is at the top of your list.
– The best way to celebrate seawards is by knowing more about Alaska, its heritage, and history. This is the least you can do to make it feel accepted.
– There is no perfect age or time to visit Alaska, the time you feel like staying is the best and should be done immediately.
– Getting excited to visit Alaska, even when you have already been there, shows your true love for Alaska.
– Alaska was never taken as important land until people found the gold mines over there, telling us about the greed of humans and proving as far as something is filling the desire of people, it’s useful to them.
– Alaska proves to be accepted to any place. You don’t need to necessarily belong to that place, which simply means helping them to move forward.
– If you want to know how to feel in peaceful surroundings, then Alaska is the right place for you.
Seawards Day quotes
“Two kinds of flocks come up to Alaska, Cora. People running to something and people running away from something. The second kind-you want to keep your eye out for them”
― Kristin Hannah
Alaska herself can be Sleeping Beauty one minute and a bitch with a sawed-off shotgun the next.”
― Kristin Hannah
“It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia.”
― Sarah Palin