Have you ever been to a circus, a fair, or a parade and saw some people wearing fancy costumes and walking well above others on some kind of support structures and kept staring at them awestruck? Well, these are called stilts.
Walk on Stilts Day Messages, Greetings and Quotes
National Walk on Stilts Day Messages
– Every year on 27th July, National Walk on Stilts Day is observed, commemorating the heritage of walking on stilts.
– A stilt can be defined as a pole, pillar, or post, which helps people at a certain height above the ground to avoid direct contact with the environment.
– Stilts have been in everyday use since the 6th century BC. They have been helping people in treading through grounds that were not so easy to traverse through.
– Historically, stilts were also used in several factories, industries even shepherds used stilts. From traveling to construction work, stilts were of much utility.
– Also, for people living in and around flood plains, beaches, or marshy lands where the ground isn’t that firm or easy to traverse, stilts come in very handy.
– It is known that earlier in the Landes region of France, shepherds used the elevation stilts to keep an eye on their flock.
– Recently, there is a resurgence in the use of stilts in drywall factories.
– While in today’s context walking on stilts is just a thing of entertainment, they have a rich and varied history throughout the world.
– Stilts can be an excellent substitute for ladders in some scenarios.
– Nowadays, stilts are a quintessential prop for theatrical performers, circus performers, and people engaged in Liberal Arts.
– In medieval Belgium, there was a fight that was fought on stilts.
– In the present world, fruit farmers in California use stilts to pluck their produce, such as peach, plum, and other fruits from trees.
– A man named Sylvain Dornon from France walked Paris to Moscow on stilts in 58 days, amazing.
– Stilts come in handy in any work which requires to be done at an elevated height, such as cleaning windows, painting high walls, installing ceilings.
– Nowadays, children are taught to walk on stilts in summer camps and theatre camps.
– Stilts hold a rich place in human civilization and culture and a day dedicated to celebrating this is the least we can do.
National Walk on Stilts Day Greetings
– Grab a pair of stilts, go out roaming on stilts with your friend! Wishing you a fun-filled National Walk on Stilts Day!
– Celebrate the rich cultural heritage of National Walk on Stilts Day! Have fun!
– Wanna be higher than others? Well, how better can you do it than by walking on stilts! Greetings on National Walk on Stilts Day!
– Hope you learn the art of walking on stilts pretty soon! Wishing you a pleased National Walk on stilts Day!
– Walk on stilts, be on top of the world! Happy National Walk on Stilts Day!
National Walk on Stilts Day quotes
“Something about the circus stirs their souls, and they ache for it when it is absent.”
― Erin Morgenstern
“There’s only two types of people in the world: the ones that entertain, and the ones that observe.”
― Britney Spears
“It was a year ago today your daughter went missing.’ Bagg had closed his eyes, feeling the death going on inside.”
― Cole Alpaugh